You ordered a new set of headphones, but every time you run home after receiving a “parcel delivered” text alert, you come home to find nothing on the doorstep. Your family has not seen anything, and your neighbors haven’t received the package on your behalf. So, where exactly did it go?
You might need to invest in a security camera system to get to the bottom of things. A surveillance camera acts as an extra pair of eyes that monitors your property from both outside and inside. Before digging into the installation process, you have to make some preparatory decisions to begin with.
Know exactly what type of ADT wireless home security system you need
The installation process differs depending on the type of security camera and surveillance system. In general, there are three power options available for the security cameras:
- Wired – In which case, the camera is connected to your power and internet via wires.
- Wireless – In the case of a wireless system, the camera connects wirelessly with your internet. However, you do need a power cord.
- Battery-Powered – In this case, the camera operates on a battery pack and does not require any wires at all. These cameras are also referred to as wireless as the system does not need any wires to run.
When it comes to the wired system installation, you are slightly restricted in terms of the placement, but your connection will be relatively more protected and reliable. The ADT wireless home security system is the best option if you want to rid yourself of intricate wiring and drilling, especially when you want the camera installed outside your property.
Decide where to install the Wi-Fi home security system
You might be concerned about theft or break-ins, or you may simply want to keep track of anyone who visited in your absence. Whatever the specific requirements might be, you must prioritize what is more critical for you, and then invest in the security cameras accordingly.
According to security experts, some of the best outdoor locations for the camera placement include the front door, back door, and the off-street windows. For a garage camera, you need to ensure that you have a broad field of view. Whereas, with a porch camera, the field of view has to be confined to a small area overlooking your driveway, capturing all the actions.
Depending on the particular type of camera, there might be some drilling involved. However, most indoor cameras installation is as simple as plugging it in at the right spot, turning it on, and then syncing the device with your smartphone or desktop app.
An ideal Wi-Fi home security system is the one that provides a broad field of view, getting all the hidden corners of the room. The best placement would offer clear surveillance of the room, a place where you could hide the camera from thieves, and minimal foot traffic.
Gather the materials & tools for affordable home security alarm systems installation
Much like any other security equipment, the installation of cameras requires a selection of handy tools so that the task can be done safely and quickly. In general, the tools that you require for wireless camera system installation include cables, an electric drill, anchors, screws, crimpers, electric tape, a power adapter, and others.
The exact configuration and mix of tools required depend upon the specific installation job and the type of equipment involved. In case you are getting the affordable home security alarm systems system, all of the important installation materials are included in the camera box.
Steps for the installation of best outdoor home security camera
Wireless cameras require less equipment for installation as opposed to the wired systems. There is no need to hardwire the device to the property. For most devices, installation is as simple as mounting the device to the walls without the need to invest in additional accessories and tools. The following steps can help the users in the installation of wireless security cameras at their homes.
- Check the spots where cameras can get a broad view and a stable power source. The selected spots can be adjusted later in case of any miscalculations, but you need to have a basic concept as to where and at what angle you want your security camera to be installed.
- Select the height of installation, depending on your surveillance requirements. High camera placements are an effective way to keep your security system protected from the reach of intruders. Higher angles cover a wider area for surveillance, and the users should therefore place the best outdoor home security camera at the highest point possible.
- Secure the mounting bracket against the wall in the selected spot and use a pencil to mark the spaces for screw holes.
- Predrill small holes into the wall by using a bit slightly smaller than the bracket’s screws. This will secure the screws in the wall without causing any extra damage.
- Align the screw holes with the previously drilled holes by holding the mounting bracket against the wall. Insert the screws in place and ensure that the bracket is firm and secured before installing the security camera.
- Insert the batteries and plug the camera inside the bracket. At this point, your security camera would be ready to go, and the manufacturer’s guide can be used to sync the camera system with the receiver.
As opposed to the more conventional surveillance systems that require hardwiring, wireless security camera systems rely on wireless receivers to operate and remain connected to the device. There is usually a large amount of space that is allowed to fall between the camera and its receiver, which enables the users to install the camera system in locations that suit best for their homes or businesses.
If you hire professionals for your security camera installation, the charges can be extremely high. In some cases, there is even an additional activation fee for turning on the surveillance equipment. With self-installation, on the other hand, there is almost zero installation cost. It is, therefore, better to go for DIY wireless security systems and do the installation yourself.